Friday, November 16, 2007

Good Reviews!

Some really nice comments and reviews have been coming in this week. Here are just a few of the nice comments, (printed with their permission).

  • Ah, where do I begin? The King and I was absolutely magical, spectacular, delightful, impeccably executed in every way . . . and I could go on and on adding superlative adjectives to describe the production and performances. It just blew me away. I truly don't know how a group of high school kids are capable of this ----- but you are! I know you have expert and inspired leadership and direction, but still I am amazed. Each year I think that the fall musical that year is my favorite. Then comes the next year. I loved The Music Man, Hello Dolly and Forbidden Planet and now this year's play, wonderful yet different, so full of pageantry, humor, magic, and music that I had forgotten. I tapped my foot to the melodies and sang along under my breath. I don't think many of you young people realize how much joy and just pure pleasure you bring to your audiences, especially your teachers and the GDS family. I find myself just sitting in the audience with a glazed grin on my face. Your exceptional work and dedication makes me happy and proud! I guess I am really getting sentimental, but it is true. Thanks for all the magic you create on stage. Your performance was superb, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Bravo! ! !
    Jackie B. Upton
    Director of College Guidance
    Greensboro Day School

No comments: